Re: [cdt-dev] Build issues cdt 7.0.1

For what it's worth, I have a Git clone of git://dev.eclipse.org/ org.eclipse.cdt/org.eclipse.cdt.git here, updated (fetched) yesterday, and seem to be able to build and run the cdt_7_0 branch just fine on my Eclipse 3.6.1 on Windows. All I did (after cloning the repository on the command line, outside of Eclipse) was to import all projects under "all". None of the projects in the other subfolders. I didn't pay attention to cdt.map (didn't even know about it).

One strange thing I noticed when I ran "git fetch" yesterday (the previous time I did that was a few weeks ago) is that I seemed to get duplicates of many revisions (the same changes with the same dates that I already had, but with different SHA1 IDs and on different lines of development). I didn't investigate any further though. Maybe something changed in the CVS->Git conversion. Might have something to do with the "git://dev.eclipse.org/org.eclipse.cdt/ org.eclipse.cdt.git.bad" that has showed up on http://dev.eclipse.org/git/index.html .

I understand that CVS is still the canonical place, but I just can't bring myself to relearn how to use that dinosaur CVS... :)

 -Christian

Back to the top