[cdt-dev] Build issues cdt 7.0.1

Please apologize if I seem to ask the same set of questions every couple of months, but I could not figure out how to build a custom cdt by googling and searching this list. Here is what I did:

1. Download eclipse-SDK-3.6.1 for Mac OS X 64bit Cocoa.
2. Clone git://dev.eclipse.org/org.eclipse.cdt/org.eclipse.cdt.git
3. git checkout cdt_7_0_1
4. Open eclipse 3.6.1 from step 1.
5. "Import Existing Projects" everything under org.eclipse.cdt into an empty workspace.

This gave me a few errors about some projects already being in the workspace (even though I started with an empty one). Apparently, eclipse tries to import some projects twice. Unchecking all those about which eclipse complained then let me continue.

6. Remove all *.test projects since they did not build and I remembered that I need some obscure platform test dependency for them.

When I try to build all, I still get over 2000 errors and over 10000 warnings, and I am a bit clueless of how to continue, what is needed and which projects I can safely delete. Here is a sample of the errors I get:

-- Project 'org.antlr' is missing required library: 'antlr-runtime-3.0.jar'.

There is another project org.antlr.runtime in my workspace, which contains antlr-runtime-3.0.jar. Is there some dependency missing / wrong?

-- org.eclipse.cdt.internal.cppunit.runner.CppUnitLaunchConfigurationTabGroup: The import org.eclipse.cdt.launch.internal.ui.MigratingCEnvironmentTab cannot be resolved.

Looking at project org.eclipse.cdt.launch, there is a package org.eclipse.cdt.launch.internal.ui, but indeed there is no MigratingCEnvironmentTab.java

-- Project 'org.eclipse.cdt.debug.edc.agent.gdbserver' is missing a required Java project: 'org.eclipse.tm.tcf.core'

No clue.

-- org.eclipse.cdt.core.lrparser.xlc/XlcCLanguage.java: The import org.eclipse.cdt.core.dom.lrparser cannot be resolved.

I cannot find this package anywhere, either.

This list goes on and on. I suspect I am missing some crucial information, but, again, I would like to apologize, but I could not find it anywhere. Thanks for any help in advance!

Best,
Tobias

Ableton AG, Sitz Berlin, Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 72838
Vorstand: Gerhard Behles, Jan Bohl, Bernd Roggendorf
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Uwe Struck

Back to the top