[cdt-dev] DSF: creating a new debug view

Hi,

I am trying to implement a plugin that provides a new debug view, using DSF.
I want this view to be applicable to any (gdb) debugger.

What I am struggling with is how my plugin can add a service and a
VMProvider to a debug session.

Looking through the GDB debugger code within CDT (Helios), services are
created in GdbDebugServicesFactory, and the services are created through the
GdbViewModelAdapter, but these are (obviously) defined with CDT. The DSF
examples don't seem to help me with this question either. I have also read
the DSF tutorial and looked through the documentation. I really don't want
to have to rebuild and ship my own copy of CDT, just to add support for my
plugin.

So, how can my plugin add my service and VMProvider to a standard CDT
distribution?

Thanks for your help,

--
Subs