Re: [cdt-dev] How to produce build output for scanner info discovery?

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Andrew Gvozdev <angvoz.dev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Sergey Prigogin <eclipse.sprigogin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Andrew Gvozdev <angvoz.dev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Sergey Prigogin <eclipse.sprigogin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What discovery options should I use? Are the following options ok?

Discovery profiles scope: Configuration-wide
Discovery profile: GCC per file scanner info profile
Actually I would try to start from per-project discovery. I think per-file even more tricky.

Does it mean that I need as many projects as there are makefiles?
I assume you have one project encompassing all your sources. Probably makefiles reside in subfolders. The difference between per-project and per-file is that SD will dump all Includes and Symbols on the project level, i.e. you get the same set for all files, and per-file will try to figure out them for each file individually. In theory per-file is supposed to be more accurate, that is if you manage get it working.

Thanks. This clarifies my confusion.

Andrew

Andrew

-sergey