[cdt-dev] cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

I'm running into a strange problem where eclipse cdt isn't recognizing a binary executable compiled with Borland/CodeGear. However, it has no trouble with executables created with these tools: msvc, digital mars compiler, mingw-gcc, executable created with the PE-Lib API.

After some extensive analysis of the difference in the generated PE file structure, it appears the problem is coming from the e_lfanew data field in the Dos Header. PE executables that the binary parser recognized all had a e_lfanew value <= 100h. The compiled PE executable from Borland/CodeGear had a e_lfanew value of 200h, which the parser did not recognize as a valid executable.

As an experiment, I hand-modified the Borland executable with CFF Explorer so that the e_lfanew has a value of 100h instead of 200h. After saving the modifications, a refresh in the Eclipse IDE properly recognizes it as a valid PE executable!

Is this a known problem of the parser? Should I file a bug report regarding this issue?

Thanks

Back to the top