Re: [cdt-dev] Why CDT should switch to Git

With support of pull, push, merge, rebase egit 0.10 is a great step forward and lets manage these git workflows. I wish CDT would move to git soon but that would be fairly steep learning curve for committers who are not using git daily. If we are talking egit, that includes in addition to git complexity all these small workarounds/micro-workflows one have to develop for himself in egit like overcoming compare etc. With 0.10 one could *almost* work without command line. I still have to resort to command line to recover or redo some things egit wouldn't do properly. That includes spontaneous "dirty markers" on Windows bug 307560, false merge conflicts like in bug 331078, ssh key problems bug 326526. Add compare/synchronize problems James mentioned and that would be my sore spots list. Looking forward for that to improve in egit 0.20 version.

Andrew

Back to the top