Re: [cdt-dev] urge to use git rising...

On 8 December 2010 19:39, Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm also looking forward to using git.
> What I would like to do with it is to create a branch for each bug I'm working on
> and switch branches when I switch my focus of the day.  In Eclipse, I would simply
> refresh all my plugins and I would get the code from my current git branch.
> This is much faster than having different workspaces, or than reverting plugins
> and applying a different patch.

This is the workflow I use. I store the bugs I'm working on under
branches name-spaced like: bug/XXX_add_feature_y
These branches are based off cvs head, and dependent bugs can be
branched off other bug branches.  Git makes it very easy to keep the
branches live as changes get committed back upstream.

Cheers,
James

Back to the top