Re: [cdt-dev] urge to use git rising...

On 8 December 2010 19:42, Terry Parker <tparker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Are the webmasters using cvs2git rather than git-cvsimport to pull from CVS?
>  From what I can tell git-cvsimport is a complete FAIL.  I just lost 2+ days
> because the R3_6_maintenance branch of the JDT UI plugin was bleeding things
> from head into the maintenance branch.

Yes, it's very bad. AFAIK they've converted repositories with this
with no verification that what comes out the other end is the same as
what went in...

cvs2git doesn't handle incremental import (at least there hasn't been
much effort to support this usecase) which is why I guess cvsimport is
currently used.  Ideally we would just convert and switch once and for
all :)

Cheers,
James