[cdt-dev] urge to use git rising...

Hey gang,

I just thought I'd share this with you. I'm starting to work on Build
Config visualization feature for the Project Explorer and had a sudden
urge and subsequent disappointment over git for CDT. If we had git, I
could check my work into a quickly created branch. Everyone could try it
out and give feed back. We can keep working on it bit by bit, everyone
can contribute to it, and when finished I could merge it into master and
then delete the branch.

I'm not sure what shape the merge support is with egit, but we are using
it for internal plug-in development and it's OK so far. I can't wait
until we can revisit this for the CDT, hopefully in the summer.

Thanks for listening :)
Doug.

Back to the top