Re: [cdt-dev] Bug in class TranslationUnit

On 5 December 2010 00:01, Tomljenovic Marko (CDG-SMT/EMT1 CR/PJ-TOP66)
<Marko.Tomljenovic@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I just encountered a use case where I thought that the CDT Indexer is stuck in a deadlock.
> In fact it was just so slow that I thought it is a deadlock.
>
> My case:
>    ~18 000 symbols set per external settings provider (before the indexer is executed the first time)

Wow!  I've struggled to get the model to scale like this. The XML tree
copying is really inefficient (see also bug 238421)

>    ~6000 src files in the project
>
> Then the Indexer seems to stop at "Collecting files".
>
> Why does it seem like that:
> In AbstractIndexerTask.extractFiles for each file TranslationUnit.getLanguage is called.
> getLanguage is then calling always: CoreModel.getDefault().getProjectDescription(project, -->true<--);

Yes, it doesn't need to do that.  Please open a bug.

Cheers,
James