[cdt-dev] Bug in class TranslationUnit

Hello everybody,
I just encountered a use case where I thought that the CDT Indexer is stuck in a deadlock.
In fact it was just so slow that I thought it is a deadlock.

My case:
    ~18 000 symbols set per external settings provider (before the indexer is executed the first time)
    ~6000 src files in the project

Then the Indexer seems to stop at "Collecting files".

Why does it seem like that:
In AbstractIndexerTask.extractFiles for each file TranslationUnit.getLanguage is called.
getLanguage is then calling always: CoreModel.getDefault().getProjectDescription(project, -->true<--);

This means making a copy of the 18k symbols for 6000 files ==> soooo slow

Wouldn't a read access to the project description be enough for determining the language? Then the cached one could be used by all files.

Greets Marko

Back to the top