Re: [cdt-dev] Create CDT project without build features

On 23 November 2010 08:41, Tomljenovic Marko (CDG-SMT/EMT1
CR/PJ-TOP66) <Marko.Tomljenovic@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can you give me a hint towards a test class?

I was thinking of the TestCfgDataProvider in cdt.core.tests which
extends CDefaultConfigurationDataProvider.

I found this by searching for the extenders of the
org.eclipse.cdt.core.CConfigurationDataProvider extension point.
There's one defined in: cdt.core, cdt.make.core, managedbuilder.core
and a couple in cdt.core.tests.

> But pressing on the "manage configurations" button (in the paths and symbols prop page) leads to an exception.
> This does not disturb me at the moment but I just wanted to ask whether I should report this exeption as a bug?
> Another question I have is whether the usage of the MakeCorePlugin related features is outdated or even already > deprecated?

Yes, I suspect that all but the MBS data provider have 0 exposure to
users as there isn't any UI that creates them by default.

I was thinking that the default provider in cdt.core *should*
correctly persist your settings.
Much of the make.core content was superseded by managedbuilder.core.
You should be able to make the UI for C/C++ General > Paths and
Symbols visible by tweaking the managedbuilder.ui plugin.xml to remove
the enablement filter (if this UI really is common it should live in
cdt.ui...).

Of course you should file bugs with any issues your encounter.  As
you're the only person exploring this particular area it would be
great if you could submit patches as well.

Cheers,
James

Back to the top