[cdt-dev] Creating a new extended C Editor using cdt

Hi,

I would like to know how can I create a new plugin Text Editor for a extended version of 'C' language. Actually we have extended C Langusge by adding some Key words and my task is to create an editor that can support syntax highlighting and outline features for C language and the new extended keywords.
I have tried to explore this task and till now the following is what I have found ;
I am using Eclipse with java and I have created a new plugin project. I am assuming that if I inherit my Editor class with CEditor(provided by CDT) then all the features(syntax Highlighting) of the C language will start showing in my new editor. Now from here I have to code in such a way that new keywords should also be syntax highlighted.
I donot know how to implement it because I am new in Eclipse. Kindly help me in this matter.

Waiting for your response.
--
regards,
Muhammad Salman