From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ryan Huff
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2010 11:53 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] problem displaying intruction pointer in editor - cdt 7

Greetings,

I develop an editor plugin for Eclipse which interacts with the CDT (and JDT, PDT, etc.) and with the latest versions of Eclipse/CDT I am having trouble getting the instruction pointer pic to display when debugging a C++ application with CDT (the little arrow that appears on your current line when you are debugging).

When I am stepping through a debug instance of a Java application, org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.InstructionPointerManager.addAnnotation() gets called (from  org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.sourcelookup.SourceLookupFacility.display()) which gets the appropriate AnnotationModel for my DocumentProvider and the instruction pointer pic is added to the editor.  When I am stepping through a C++ application using CDT, the org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.InstructionPointerManager.addAnnotation() method never gets called…this entire event chain isn’t getting called.

My question is did something change with CDT 7 where there is now a different event chain that results in the instruction pointer pic getting displayed in the editor?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks for your time.

-          Ryan

Back to the top