[cdt-dev] dsf gdb based regsiter view read

I notice the following read pattern, and I wonder whether this is expected from design point of view.

I have a program and launch dsf-gdb debug session.

Open a register view, that has about 50 registers in total.

I adjust the register view so that only 1 register is visible, say R1.

I then step through the program one step at a time say for 10 steps.

It turns out that the register view call register service in an pattern of alternate read size,

Step 1 - Read 1 register R1

Step 2 - Read all 50 registers

Step 3 - Read R1

Step 4 - Read all 50 registers

Step 5 - Read R1

Step 6 - Read all 50 registers

Step 7 - Read R1

Step 8 - Read all registers

Step 8 - Read R1

Step 10 - Read all 50 registers

I would expect each step will only read 1 register namely R1 in this case, or perhaps 2 registers when taking partial visibility of a row into account. I did not expect it would read all 50 registers from time to time.

Could anyone comment whether this is correct and why this behaves like that?

Thanks,

Winnie

Back to the top