Re: [cdt-dev] problems with Windows Spawner

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 3:46 AM, Dmitry Nezhevenko <dion@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 10:46:01AM +0100, dmsubs wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a strange problem that having spent a couple of days debugging, I
>> can't resolve.
>>
>> When I use Eclipse to debug my Eclipse+CDT+plugins application, the Spawner
>> fails to find "make". It reports "The system cannot find the file
>> specified". I have tried giving it the complete and full path to make
>> (c:\path\to\make.exe), and it still reports the same error. However, if I
>> build my product and run it standalone (i.e. not using the debugger), then
>> it all works OK.
>
> Sometimes Eclipse lying about reason of this error. The reason may be
> missing native libraries in
> eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles. Just try to search for all
> "exe" files in specified directory. There should be three or four dll/exe
> files. If no, eclipse will show such strange errors... It's enough to
> manually unpack them from one of jar files

Actually Eclipse doesn't lie, it's the error message we get from
Windows. You will get this error if DLL's are missing. Which 'make'
are you trying to use? Is it cygwin and do you have the cygwin bin in
your path? I often use the 'Depends' tool to check the DLL
dependencies of an executable to see of there's something missing.

BTW, I always highly recommend you use Wascana to build for Windows.
It has all this set up for you.

Back to the top