Re: [cdt-dev] EDC and asynchronous operations

On 10/12/2010 01:41 PM, John Cortell wrote:
2. ACPM seems to me a good tool for the client of an asynchronous API. However, It's not clear to me that an asynchronous API should expose ACPM objects, which I think is what Pawel was hinting at.
Correct, it is what I was getting at.  I'm also not clear on how much value of such change would bring.  Personally, I'm not as convinced of the benefit of the data coherency story, simply because we haven't really had many data coherency problems in the UI integration use cases so far.  However, I do see a lot of potential value in simplifying the programming model away from using callbacks as we do now.  But even if we do show that there there is clear advantage to exposing cache objects in APIs, it may not be enough for existing DSF debuggers to decide to migrate to this API style.  Either way, DSF should be able to evolve to accommodate this programming model.  So I hope that we can collectively do some prototyping and start answering these questions.

Cheers,
Pawel

John
_______________________________________________ cdt-dev mailing list cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/cdt-dev