Re: [cdt-dev] EDC and asynchronous operations

At 02:47 PM 10/12/2010, Burton, Felix wrote:

Felix, everything you wrote makes sense to me. Again, I definitely see the advantages of ACPM for the client of an async API that needs to make many API calls to carry out an operation. My points have been

1. ACPM is suitable only if you know the superset of all the data points your operation will need. There are many situations where this won't be the case.

2. ACPM seems to me a good tool for the client of an asynchronous API. However, It's not clear to me that an asynchronous API should expose ACPM objects, which I think is what Pawel was hinting at.

John

Back to the top