Re: [cdt-dev] Missing CDT project type extension

I have some Junit tests for PTP's PLDT in org.eclipse.ptp.pldt.tests, and while I don't have managedbuild projects in them,
I do have this line after the project setup:
CoreModel.getDefault().getCModel().makeConsistent(new NullProgressMonitor());
I think it's doing some consistency/catch-up work that i needed to make sure the project was complete/ready.
The javadoc says
/** Makes this element consistent with its underlying resource or buffer
** by updating the element's structure and properties as necessary.
*/
I don't remember the error I had before that but it something like what you reported.
Hope this helps.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG Communications Protocols and Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for HenryMathieu ---10/07/2010 05:47:41 AM---Hi, I'm new to Eclipse and CDT development. In my project I HenryMathieu ---10/07/2010 05:47:41 AM---Hi, I'm new to Eclipse and CDT development. In my project I need to

HenryMathieu <hen.mathieu@xxxxxxxxx>

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/07/2010 05:47 AM

[cdt-dev] Missing CDT project type extension

Sent by:

cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I'm new to Eclipse and CDT development. In my project I need to
programatically create a CDT managed build project for my unit tests. The
creation of the project works fine when I execute the code in Eclipse as a
"JUnit Plug-in Test". The problem is that when I run my tests in my build
with Maven Surfire on a Linux workstation all my tests are failing because
the method
ManagedBuildManager.getExtensionProjectType("cdt.managedbuild.target.gnu.exe")
returns null! Here's the code:

ICProjectDescriptionManager mgr =
CoreModel.getDefault().getProjectDescriptionManager();
ICProjectDescription des = mgr.getProjectDescription(project, true);

IManagedBuildInfo info = ManagedBuildManager.createBuildInfo(project);
IProjectType projType =
ManagedBuildManager.getExtensionProjectType("cdt.managedbuild.target.gnu.exe");
// RETURNS NULL
IToolChain toolChain =
ManagedBuildManager.getExtensionToolChain("cdt.managedbuild.toolchain.gnu.exe.debug");

ManagedProject mProj = new ManagedProject(project, projType); // CAUSES
NullPointerException
info.setManagedProject(mProj);

IConfiguration[] configs =
ManagedBuildManager.getExtensionConfigurations(toolChain, projType);

Do you have any idea why this code only works in Eclipse itself?

Thanks a lot,
Henry