Re: [cdt-dev] Vote for Committer status for Patrick Chuong was started by Pawel Piech

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Pawel Piech <pawel.piech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I also appreciate Doug's latest comments that we may be painting ourselves
> into a corner if we start to describe what is required for a candidate to
> gain community's trust.  CDT is a very broad project to have a single
> committer list, and there are committers that were accepted who I still
> don't recognize by name (see the active committer list), because they work
> in areas that I'm not familiar with.

To that end, if we do start having a scalability problem with the
number of committers, we can always open the discussion of breaking
out pieces into sub-projects. TCF is about to become one (actually it
is one now but I haven't set the mechanics in motion yet to formalize
it). I'm open to splitting out more, especially where committers tend
not to work outside that area. Debug may be one of those.

We merged them all to help build the community when we had a low level
of contribution, in hope of getting committers to cross into new
areas. And to some extent that worked. But maybe now the time for that
has passed. I look to the community for guidance.

Back to the top