[cdt-dev] [DSF] CommandFactory_6_8

I was working on some patch that requires a command not yet supported by
CommandFactory_*, and Mikhail has pointed out that I might want to add
it to CommandFactory_6_8, not CommandFactory.

That sounded like a good idea, but then I need to make use of the command
inside MIVariableManager -- which only has CommandFactory reference. Of
course, I can add MIVariableManager_6_8, but this seems like a slippery slope.
Classes are relatively high-conceptual-overhead objects, while an extra
GDB command is relatively small implementation detail. Therefore, it seems
not too good idea if we end up with a lot of Whatever_6_8, Whatever_7_0,
Whatever_7_2, etc classes, just because one method in Whatever can make
use of a new command.

Would it be better instead of make of use new IGDBControl.getFeatures()
instead to conditionalize behaviour as much as possible, and have a single
CommandFactory instead?

Thanks,
Volodya

Back to the top