Re: [cdt-dev] Facing Indexer Problem

Hi Nayna,
That sounds like a bug, why don't you submit a bug report?

Thanks,
Andrew

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Nayna Jain <naynjain@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi everybody,

In context of the indexer issue I am facing..

We do our development on the systems in which we need to take access tokens
periodically for accessing the files.

In this environment using Eclipse CDT, I had created a project with
some .cpp files in the src directory.. All edit, build, indexing etc. all
works very fine. So, if I look at Project Properties ->C/C++ -> Go To Paths
& Symbols -> Source Location then it shows Defect1/src directory.

Now it happens that my access tokens are lost. And as CDT automatic refresh
workspace happens, it removes those .cpp files /binary files from the
Project Explorer view as they are not accessible now anymore. Also, it
doesn't show Defect1/src directory any more in Project Properties -> C/C++
-> Go To Paths & Symbols -> Source Location -> Defect1/empty.

So, I take my tokens again.

And when I do a manual refresh, all those files are again visible in the
Project Explorer. Now, again changing files, editing, build, indexing seems
to be working fine. But It still shows. Project Properties -> C/C++ -> Go
To Paths & Symbols -> Source Location -> Defect1/ empty..  i.e. it doesn't
show src directory again the Source Location.

So, can someone explain whether it is an issue or whether it is intended to
do so ? And what is the reason for this behaviour ?

Thanks & Regards,

Nayna Jain