Re: [cdt-dev] Remote compilation and debugging from Windows?

You can do the remote Edit/Compile with the Remote Development Tools (RDT) from the PTP project. The one gotcha right now if you are using the GNU tools is that we don't yet have remote scanner discovery for them, so you'll have to turn off scanner discovery in order to keep it from hanging.

For debug, you probably want gdbserver... there's a launch type provided by CDT that will launch the gdbserver via SSH and connect to it.

===========================
Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto

Inactive hide details for Alex Blewitt ---09/17/2010 04:45:48 AM---Is it possible to set up a cross-compile from an Eclipse hosAlex Blewitt ---09/17/2010 04:45:48 AM---Is it possible to set up a cross-compile from an Eclipse host running on Windows to compile code and

Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx>

09/17/2010 04:45 AM

[cdt-dev] Remote compilation and debugging from Windows?

Sent by:

cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Is it possible to set up a cross-compile from an Eclipse host running on Windows to compile code and debug on a remote Linux platform? It's possible to set up a custom build which does an ssh to the remote host and executes make remotely, but I wondered if there was an easier way of hooking support up.

Alex