[cdt-dev] Address spaces in CDI/GDBMI

Hi,

I guess this is a CDI/GDB/MI question regarding architectures with multiple address spaces (multi-core). Currently an assumption seems to be made that there is one global address space meaning that operations such as reading global variables or disassembling can be done at any point, regardless of the thread which is selected in the debug view. What would be preferable in some systems is if GDB could be informed of the currently selected thread before accessing memory but it seems the MI interface doesn't really work like this.

I know DSF-GDB supports multi-process debug which presumably works in this way i.e. switches context when threads in different processes are selected, as well as other multi-core work planned for CDT 8.0. I just wondered if this was the best avenue to go down or if CDI/MI could be modified easily to be aware of the current memory context?

Cheers,
Mike

Back to the top