Re: [cdt-dev] compiler warning policy

After taking a second look at the effectiveness of the warning some weeks ago, I came to an agreement with those that disagreed with my original position. After enabling the warning in a number of projects and addressing each warning, I found that the true positives far outweighed the false positives, and that in most cases, I was able to re-structure the code to quiet the false positives in a sensible way. There were a few cases where, yes, I had to make a redundant check, but the annoyance of that was eclipsed by knowing that the warning allowed me to fix quite a number of real NPE situations.

John