Re: [cdt-dev] CODAN question for function can not be resolved AND invalid arguments!

2010/9/10 Alena Laskavaia <elaskavaia.cdt@xxxxxxxxx>
2010/9/10 Tomasz Wesołowski <kosashi@xxxxxxxxx>:
> 2010/9/3 Alena Laskavaia <elaskavaia.cdt@xxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> No there is no problem with codan or the parser.
>
> Why would we want the C-parser be inconsistent with C++-parser, i.e. not
> report exactly the same problem which the other parser already reports?

Because C and C++ are two different language. And C is not subset of
C++ as you may think.

Definitely there are numerous differences, but we're not talking about any language difference now - a function call with invalid parameters is invalid in both languages.

Calling an undeclared function (mentioned earlier) is C++-specific error, but calling a function with parameter mismatch is invalid in both. I'm implying that if one parser detects it, the other should, too - for the sake of sheer consistency.

Back to the top