[cdt-dev] CDT Features (FAQ?)

Hi all,

I am currently updating my custom built eclipse/cdt to the cdt_7_0 maintenance branch using the git repo at git://dev.eclipse.org/org.eclipse.cdt/org.eclipse.cdt.git.

The working copy I get contains several subdirs (all, codan, cross, dsf-gdb, jtag, memory, releng, util, xlc, c99, cppunit, dsf, edc, lrparser, p2, upc, windows) and I am wondering which ones I need or provide nice to have features.

I figured that all contains (contrary to its name) the minimum required plugins to get started, and that I want to try codan, dsf, and dsf-gdb as well.

I am pretty sure (but correct me if I am wrong) that I do not need any of cross, jtag, releng, xlc, c99, edc, p2, upc and windows.

This leaves me wondering what memory, util, cppunit, and lrparser are and whether I would want to install them. Unfortunately, I could not find any website or FAQ which explains these plugins. Would anybody be so kind as to enlighten me?

Thanks very much!

Best wishes,
Tobias

Ableton AG, Sitz Berlin, Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 72838
Vorstand: Gerhard Behles, Jan Bohl, Bernd Roggendorf
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Uwe Struck

Back to the top