Re: [cdt-dev] compiler warning policy

I also find this warning pretty useless.
+1
Cheers,
Pawel

On 09/01/2010 02:49 PM, John Cortell wrote:
In http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/policy, it's recommended that Potential null pointer access be set to 'warning'. The default is 'ignore'. I think the usefulness of this warning is too debatable to make it a recommendation. The compiler's ability to detect a possible null pointer use is too weak and enabling  the warning results in many false positives, requiring developers to either add needless checks to the code, live with the warnings, or disable them at too large a scope (method). If no one objects, I'll remove that recommendation from the WIKI page.

John