[cdt-dev] SteppingController question

I like the feature of Eclipse and DSF that if the user steps while debugging the debug view doesn’t update for half a second with an anticipation that the target will be suspended again. The problem is that under some conditions (slow connection to the target) stepping takes around a second and the debug view flickers badly.

Do other debuggers experience similar problems?

I noticed that half second is a hard coded delay in DSF’s class SteppingController.

Is it possible for a DSF debuggers to be able to customize the stepping controller somehow?

I can open a bugzilla entry so we can discuss there how it can be addressed.

Regards

Dobrin

Back to the top