[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [cdt-dev] move to line?
- From: Alena Laskavaia <elaskavaia.cdt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 11:59:53 -0400
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:sender:reply-to:received :in-reply-to:references:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=ylnyXHLDKtbVYmzb00+v9ExCFGwbYzZhqdd9vH0jQGk=; b=KQn5a1/C85DfvfsBRy3211YPsStfUhcGlde6A8aTSNPsNScrtZ3Euipn1OhMkT1AOX j81F7Nbl5UZo7fbwQKth4T/FMl9m0lwj/FAdBOs6Ky539cl50u2UwfDixgQyr1IrnDIF LpPf06V3wDGlY2FfMNq8Nfi1OTm/A11GlcHN4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:reply-to:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=nyMoayJhydK4y/21+8k5m8VC2zYVfRvIaQJRrhK5g+Uv5bqVRW9yOYPGcX9xham+Nq 9ZwsKxV83UvXCAs+hshVsPcd9QdMxH6UcHc1FtXHXxWQdqoAHFi0immnh8eI9JWCiPFk Zs9e1Tv8mmY6Ol//5iKrQnfkEhDcRCq4wudmI=
Thanks for detailed answer!
On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 11:48 AM, <kirk.beitz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Run To Line" has the effect of (and is probably implemented mostly by)
> a] leaving the instruction pointer where it is
> b] setting a temp breakpoint at the point where "Run to Line" was invoked
> c] performing a continue (a la F8)
> d] removing the temorary breakpoint at the end of the when any event occurs
> i.e. if you run to line and a breakpoint is in the way, that breakpoint will
> be hit.
> "Resume at Line" has the effect of:
> a] setting the register of the instruction pointer to the address at the
> line where invoked
> b] performing a continue (a la F8)
> "Move to Line" is essectially just [a] of "Resume at line" with no continue.
> my sense is the icons were changed because the iconography better represents
> the above distinctions. notice the "tail" on the "Resume at line" icon,
> indicating movement away, versus the "full stop" at the bottom of the "Move
> to line" icon.
> ++ kirk
> On 2010-Aug-5, at 8:39 AM, ext Alena Laskavaia wrote:
> Debugger. I have a question from customer for which I don't know the answer.
> "Move To Line" has been inserted (cdt 6.0) between the old "Run To
> Line" and "Resume At Line".
> What is the different between them?
> This new entry has the same icon that the old "Resume At Line" used to have,
> and "Resume At Line" has a new icon. This use/change of iconography is a
> cdt-dev mailing list
> ++ kirk beitz ++ nokia ++ kirk.beitz@xxxxxxxxx ++