[cdt-dev] RE: selected thread/frame in debug view

Thanks Dobrin and Marc, that’s surely the thing I’m looking for.

Ling

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ext Alexiev, Dobrin
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:17 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] RE: selected thread/frame in debug view

In  our debugger we replaced the DefaultDsfModelSelectionPolicyFactory with our IModelSelectionPolicyFactory for a custom control of what gets auto-selected at what event.

I am assuming you view adapters derive from the standard DSF ones: AbstractContainerVMNode, AbstractThreadVMNode, etc.

In that case the events you fire trigger changing the selection in the debug view.

Keep in mind that firing suspend events for all threads in the OS can be too expensive.

So even you fix the selection problem the stepping can be quite slow with so much going on.

Regards

Dobrin