[cdt-dev] specifying "GDB Command File" in Debugger tab of Debug Configurations dialog

I need to know what is the PATH that CDT (or gdb?) uses to look up the "GDB Command File" setting in the Debugger tab of the Debugger Configurations dialog?

I want to share a .gdbinit file with my team for use in C/C++ debug launchers, so I don't want the launcher file to contain absolute paths. But I noticed that when I set the "GDB Command File" setting to ~/.gdbinit, the corresponding .launch file changes the value of org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.GDB_INIT and org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.GDB_INIT to "/home/tblack/.gdbinit". But I noticed that when I change the "GDB Command File" setting to ".gdbinit", the corresponding .launch file leaves the value of org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.GDB_INIT as "/home/tblack/.gdbinit", but changes org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.GDB_INIT to ".gdbinit". Why does one expand to absolute path and the other not? In this example I have only one .gdbinit on my system and it is in /home/tblack.

We use shared .launch files. I'm prepared to make the simplification that each user has one global .gdbinit file that they use for debugging all C/C++ projects. This is because I'd rather not have to create a duplicate .gdbinit file for each .launch.

Back to the top