From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tomasz Wesolowski
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2010 1:18 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Add Include autotriggering

Hello,

I've found some traces of a feature which would "add includes on code assist", as in - I assume - trigger the "Add Include" action when the user selects anything from CA; something similar to automatic addition of Imports in JDT.

There is some commented code about this in several places. For example, you may see /org.eclipse.cdt.ui/src/org/eclipse/cdt/internal/ui/text/contentassist/ContentAssistPreference.java:65:

//    /** Preference key for adding includes on code assist (unused) */
//    public final static String ADD_INCLUDE= "content_assist_add_import";    //$NON-NLS-1$

This preference was apparently removed from the Preferences page around 24-01-2007. This is quite some time; we should note that both Context Assist and (especially) Add Include have evolved a lot since then.

One of the points of my GSoC is to implement a similar feature in CDT (see bug 319175).

I'd like to ask:
- Was this feature functional in CDT at some time?
- If so, why was it removed?
- Who used to work on it?

Best regards,
-- Tomasz Wesołowski