RE: [cdt-dev] Breakpoints inserted using DSF not reflected in IDE.

Hi Rohit,

I looked through the source code for some platform API to insert breakpoints. However those methods require IBreakpoint as an argument. I cannot create an IBreakpoint as that interface and all the implementing classes are in internal packages. Hence I cannot access them.
I dont want to add a breakpoint only in the UI. I want to add a breakpoint such that it is reflected in the IDE and target.

Given this, maybe you're still looking at a level too low.  A breakpoint is an Eclipse resource marker (IResource#createMarker).  If you create a marker, this will make it show up in the UI and be propagated to the lower levels.

Try using org.eclipse.cdt.debug.coe.CDIDebugModel#createLineBreakpoint() as an example.  (Note: although it says "CDI", this kind of breakpoint is honored by any debugger.)

-- Ed

Back to the top