Re: [cdt-dev] [DSF] FinalLaunchSequence extensibility

On 08/07/2010 17:42, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> This is only technically correct, in that any other solution will also
> require care when modifying the sequence. Suppose there's hash map from
> ids to Step instances. Then, if a step is removed in a minor release,
> derived classes will break. Likewise, for order changes. So, it suggests
> that the sequence of steps is actually part of API for derived classes.

  But if we separate the sequence of steps from the hash containing them under
known IDs, a minor release could remove an obsolete step from its sequence,
but still keep the actual step itself hanging around in the hash for derived
classes that still might use it.

    cheers,
      DaveK

Back to the top