Re: [cdt-dev] CDT Annual Survey 2010

You are right but I think some committers are more free than others. Ideally, the project should have non-payed committers too. The survey does help me prioritize my contributions as a non-committer and I hope it helps others.

If I don't have any more comments on the survey itself, I will share it tomorrow on the forums. I was also hoping that someone with a blog on Planet Eclipse could make a post on it to get some attention.

Marc-Andre

On 06/07/2010 12:27 PM, Marc Khouzam wrote:
I think this is a good initiative and I like the format.

I don't have a lot of experience in how CDT releases get planned,
but I wonder how much of the survey results will influence the
companies paying the committers.  Each company has its own needs
and agenda, which is usually the basis for the work a committer
will contribute.

But the survey should give us a better understanding of the needs
of CDT users, which we can use to try to sway the people paying us
in a certain direction.

Marc

-----Original Message-----
From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marc-Andre Laperle
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 3:38 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] CDT Annual Survey 2010

   Hello,

I made a small survey to get feedback from the users of CDT.
It should
help the planning for 8.0. Please take a look at the
questions and let
me know if you think something should be changed before I spread it.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dG0yWXQ
4SDJ3dEE0ME51VVY2bkg0eVE6MQ

Thanks

Marc-Andre