RE: [cdt-dev] Fwd:Nacl-gdb and eclipse cdt integration

It would be nice to make life easier for those people.

> 1) set the path to sel_ldr as the "C/C++ Application" on the main tab
> of the debug configuration dialog

This seems to require user input to know the proper path for that
developer's env

> 2) add any arguments you want to pass to sel_ldr (-d is implied when
> you start under gdb) and your nexe on the arguments tap

Here too.

> 3) create a command file to tell gdb to load your nexe. Mine only has
> 1 line, e.g:
> nacl-file hw.nexe

I guess this could be unified with the second part of point 2) and
we could tell gdb to load the file automatically.

> 4) on the debugger tab, set the path to nacl64-gdb in the "GDB
> debugger" field and your file in the "GDB command file" field

If we could automatically put the string 'nacl64-gdb' instead
of 'gdb'.  Could be done by solving
Bug 120162 Allow to specify the default version of gdb

I guess the value of some support for this is to avoid the user
having to do point 3).

It probably wouldn't be too hard to have an extension point
like you suggest (I'm not sure what you guys did for the
managed build).  However, would the user have to define the entire
gdb startup sequence, which is not trivial, our would the user
simply add certain launch commands, like for Harware debugging.
The tricky thing for the latter may be to know the proper place
to run those extra commands, during our launch sequence.

Marc