[cdt-dev] API changes related to obsolete class PluginVersionIdentifier in managedbuilder plugin

There is a proposed patch in bug 318581 to replace deprecated PluginVersionIdentifier from org.eclipse.core.runtime with org.osgi.framework.Version as PluginVersionIdentifier's JavaDoc suggests.
However, there are a few classes in MBS which are using it as API:
- IBuildObject
- IManagedIsToolChainSupported
- ManagedBuildManager
- UpdateManagedProjectManager
- IsGnuCygwinToolChainSupported

We could try to preserve the API by deprecating interfaces/methods using the obsoleted class and introduce new clean interface in 8.0. But in this case I don't think many ISVs are affected and the transition is pretty straightforward. I'd rather replace it and be done with that. There are only 2 MBS plugins affected, org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core and org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.gnu.ui.

Please, let me know if there is a good reason to conserve that API in MBS.

Thanks,
Andrew

Back to the top