[cdt-dev] Checking function parameters!

Hello all.  I am currently conceiving how to implement a CODAN checker to report inconsistencies between function call parameter types and function declaration parameter types.

Basically I want to check is if the parameters provided match the type declared in the function declaration.

My question is as the parameters provided to the function call in the AST are modeled as inherited entities  of IASTExpression

Can I rely on getExpressionType() to compare the _expression_ type returned by this method with the declared parameter type no matter what kind of _expression_ I am dealing with?

Is this feasible?

Thanks in advance for your help and best regards,

Felipe Antonio Martinez Figueroa.

+52 442 1030500 Ext.1249.

felipe.a.figuer@xxxxxxxxxx

Delphi Electronics & Safety

Software Development Tools & Expert Synergy User & Suggestions Committee Leader

Queretaro Technical Center.

Circuito Palma Cocotera No. 2059.

Fraccionamiento Palmares.

Queretaro, Qro. CP 76127

Mexico.

Note:  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.