Re: [cdt-dev] [DSF] LaunchUtils.getGDBPath

On Tuesday 29 June 2010 16:46:48 Doug Schaefer wrote:

> There's a lot of code like written like that in the early days. At the
> very least, if we're going to catch a CoreException, we should log it.
> Utility methods like this should probably not catch it and have it
> bubble up higher in the stack so that better recovery can be made.
> Assuming the default probably isn't the right recovery anyway.

Frankly, I am not sure checked exception is appropriate here. At least,
I have not yet (in 4 years) found a place where adding CoreException to
a throws specification of a method communicates anything of much interest --
CoreException is way too generic to give a client a chance at intelligent
error recovery.

- Volodya

--
Vladimir Prus