RE: [cdt-dev] Use CDT debugger to attach to a running process

Thanks for the information, Marc.

I know what my confusion was.  I did not expect that I need an gdb locally in my client machine.

I am running Windows XP and want to debug a running application in a remote Linux X86 machine.  From what I've searched in the web, It seems hard to get a cross gdb binary which runs on Windows, but is capable of debugging Linux applications.

Thanks,

Xuan Chen,  Problem Determination Tools for IBM i
(905) 413-3769 T/L 313-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx

Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

28/06/2010 09:26 AM

Please respond to

"'CDT General developers list.'" <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [cdt-dev] Use CDT debugger to attach to a running process

You have to start gdbserver manually on your target.
In eclipse, you specify the path to gdb not gdbserver.
Try using
/usr/bin/gdb
instead of /usr/bin/gdbserver

Marc