Re: [cdt-dev] Internal builder status

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 2:08 PM, James Blackburn
<jamesblackburn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 24 June 2010 18:56, Doug Schaefer <cdtdoug@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I certainly agree with that. If we had someone in there fixing these
>> bugs, which as you mention have been there since 6.0 and I think maybe
>> longer, then I'd have a different opinion, at least for the cases
>> Chris mentions where there is no pre-existing build files and where
>> make is not readily available (which isn't that many platforms any
>> more).
>
> I think Chris is on the ball in that this is somewhere we want to be
> eventually. As the build model feeds both the makefile generator and
> the internal builder, I've been focussing on getting the makefile
> builder right for my users.  As it stands there are some thorny
> platform build integration issues we need to overcome to make it
> 'seamless'.

James correct me if I'm wrong, but the build model does not generate
the build dependencies does it? I thought that came from the gcc
compiler itself. At least it did a long time ago. It's the build
dependencies that I worry about and what would lead to most build
quality issues. If I change a header file, I want a guarantee that all
the source files that read that header file get rebuilt.

Back to the top