Re: [cdt-dev] Implementation of IRegisters service in DSF/GDB

Thanks Pawel. I'll submit a patch.

On 18/06/2010 11:27 AM, Pawel Piech wrote:
The registers service was one of the first services we implemented (along with run control and stack). As we wrote it we were designing the command cache and other DSF utilities at the same time, so in a lot of ways it was a tool for experimentation.

We didn't attempt to use GDB variables because tracking them adds a lot of complexity on the client side (MIVariableManager is 2k LOC). Now that the expression service is fully functional it would make a lot of sense to re-write it so use the expressions service.

Cheers,
Pawel