From: ext John Cortell <rat042@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 16:03:37 +0200
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Our Plans Post Helios

At 03:39 PM 6/16/2010, ken.ryall@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
The debugger in our
release will be based directly on the EDC sources in the 7.0.x branch so we
expect to maintain a steady flow of contributions to those plug-ins. Since
EDC is a new optional feature we will probably be more aggressive about
sharing new work in the EDC 7.0.x branch than we would in the main CDT
sources.

Ken, something Doug just said in another cdt-dev post made me curious about this statement of yours. It sounds to me that you're planning on disregarding restrictions that maintenance streams are supposed to adhere to. Perhaps I'm reading too much into the message. Are you planning on either adding new API or breaking existing API in EDC on the 7.0.x branch? I'm not stating an objection to that, nor am I acquiescing it. I'm just hoping that we air out what the message above entails.

I believe EFS API was added during the 6.0.x branch, and there were some rumblings on that recently.

John

Back to the top