[cdt-dev] Our Plans Post Helios

Now that CDT 7.0 is done for Helios I wanted to follow up with a couple
notes:

The first is a big congratulations and "Thank You!" to the CDT community
from Nokia and our Carbide team. When we ship the next generation of our
tools this fall we will bring your work to the desktops of thousands of
developers who count on us to help them be productive every day. The
professional and pragmatic character of the CDT team lets us do that with
confidence.

The second is an update on our team's plans for the next couple months:
we'll be shipping in Q3 based on the sources from the 7.0.x branch so we're
very interested in keeping that environment stable. The debugger in our
release will be based directly on the EDC sources in the 7.0.x branch so we
expect to maintain a steady flow of contributions to those plug-ins. Since
EDC is a new optional feature we will probably be more aggressive about
sharing new work in the EDC 7.0.x branch than we would in the main CDT
sources.

This is just a general overview, of course we'll be following the usual
bugzilla process for proposing any new work.

Thanks - Ken

Back to the top