Re: [cdt-dev] Git/Gerrit Proposal

Anyway +1 from me...

I had a play with the org.eclipse.cdt repository today with egit
0.8.1. It's definitely come on a lot. I hit a few NPEs and exceptions
(and filed bugs).  I especially liked that when I imported a selection
of projects from the cloned repository, the egit tooling shares them
with no fuss. It's more akin to a clearcase view (though infinitely
better in many ways ;) ) than an individual CVS project checkout.

> Using .project level repos, I actually quite like the idea of a single
> repo which is tagged and branched atomically (if we can get it built).

That should be "having used project level repos..."

It seems a good thing to have all the history in one place.
I've also used filter-branch on the top-level repo to pull out
individual CDT projects, as Alex has described, without problem.

Cheers,
James

Back to the top