Re: [cdt-dev] Git/Gerrit Proposal

On 9 June 2010 16:20, Andrew Gvozdev <angvoz.dev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> +1. Great if this will facilitate the move. However, already a bit familiar
> with git, personally I won't use the test server working on CDT as it will
> just add more hassle. I'll wait for the real thing.
>
> Also, I don't like all-in-one granularity. Normally I am not interested at
> all in debug plugins (sadly, there is no support of dbx). I do not want to
> pull and recompile those (and occasionally hit problems) every time I update
> from main repository. My first preference is [component level repos], and
> then [.project level repos] (see bug 316211) organized in sets on component
> level and global CDT level. I am sure there are some more users like me out
> there too.

Using .project level repos, I actually quite like the idea of a single
repo which is tagged and branched atomically (if we can get it built).

Note that although you may clone all of org.eclipse.cdt the directory
hierarchy within it should mean that you needn't _import_ the projects
into your workspace if you don't want to.  There's no need for you to
have plugins / features in your workspace if you're not interested in
them...
We should organise the projects in the repo appropriately so that:
File > Import > Existing Projects ...
will allow you to import feature orthogonally if you so wish, or the
entire CDT project if you select the top-level to search for projects.

Given this having the debug plugins in the repo shouldn't have any
impact on your workflow?

Cheers,
James