[cdt-dev] standalone AST manupulation ?

Hi All,

I'm trying to write a stand-alone application that takes c/c++ source
code, creates ASTs, manipulates the ASTs, modify(or rewrite) the
source code to reflect the changes to the ASTs. For this to work, I'm
planning to use CDT. In fact, I've written a same application that
takes Java source code and does the same thing using JDT. I believe
most of things I could do with JDT should be possible with CDT as well
but I had some problem with getting binding information with JDT when
it obtains it without Eclipse IDE running until I realized that
Eclipse 3.6 started supporting it using
"org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTParser.setEnvironment(String[], String[],
String[], boolean)".
I am wondering if the same issue would arise with CDT.
In short, is it possible to create ASTs and associated binding
information without having Eclipse IDE around?

I would truly appreciate any help.

-sangmin

Back to the top