Re: [cdt-dev] CDT 7.0 RC4 Candidate Available

On 4 June 2010 20:00, John Cortell <rat042@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We probably should at all stages, IMO. Quality over quantity.

I completely agree. The only way to get us out of the build mess is to
not allow large chunks of undocumented, untested code to be committed.
The problem we have in these areas is the mountain of historical cruft
that no one understands and I bet no one ever will.

I'm all for having a policy that any non-trivial change should be
approved by (at least) one other reviewer. It's a great mechanism to
ensure that committers think about the change they're committing. And
submitting patches to bugzilla already increases exposure making the
committer think twice.

Should we have a formal policy on this? Does anyone disagree with it?

John's right, we need to aim for APIs and code quality like the
platform.  It's only fair on the people that will eventually take over
from us...

Cheers,
James

Back to the top