RE: [cdt-dev] Git plans?

We can tell the EGit folks to start a feature parity wiki page ;-)

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Recoskie
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2010 1:16 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Git plans?

I haven't tried it yet, but James more or less summarizes my feelings. Wait till there is near parity.

===========================
Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto

Inactive hide details for James Blackburn ---06/03/2010 12:29:03 PM---I use git day to day here to track CDT CVS, it works remaJames Blackburn ---06/03/2010 12:29:03 PM---I use git day to day here to track CDT CVS, it works remarkably well, and git's margic merging is a

James Blackburn <jamesblackburn@xxxxxxxxx>

06/03/2010 12:29 PM

Re: [cdt-dev] Git plans?

Sent by:

cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I use git day to day here to track CDT CVS, it works remarkably well,
and git's margic merging is a real time saver!

That said I'd be against moving to egit until all the day-to-day
workflows can be easily and safely accomplished in the IDE.
To be forced to the command line for merge (for example) would
introduce a barrier to entry not present for CVS users.  Especially
for those sat on Windows where native git has traditionally been weak.
0.9 may have everything we need andI'm all for being a bleeding edge
user, but I'd rather we started from a point where the tooling has
feature parity with CVS.

Cheers,
James